Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

24 pounds lost

Just in case anyone didn't read the last post, I have lost a total of 24 pounds so far. I am down to 246lbs. I'm still doing well on my diet. I didn't get to eat breakfast this morning. I ate a really good dinner because tonight I probably won't be able to eat much if anything at all.

This morning my Political Science class was canceled, so I went to the activity center instead and walked a couple of miles on a high incline. Then I went to the weight room. I am doing much better on the assisted pull up machine. I went down another 10 pounds on the counter weight - so I know I am gaining muscle. They have an ab machine there that you can do sitted curls on, and I've gotten up to 20 reps and 3 sets of 70lb counterweights. So, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Since I have been doing pull ups and gaining that strength, my bench press weight has increased from 135 to 155. So, that's pretty good for me right now. I don't know why doing bar dips and pull ups help you bench press - but it does, and I'll take it!

Used to, I could barely do 2 full pushups starting from the floor. Now I can do 20! I know I'm getting stronger across my chest - I can tell because little things at work that used to take a lot of strength to do - I barely think about now. So, I'm happy with my progress. And, even though I am not losing a lot of weight very quickly - I am losing weight and gaining muscle.

Well, talk to ya'll later boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment