Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's my birthday

Yup, St. Patricks day. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to have some cake at my mom's house tonight. I know it's cake, but it's my birthday. It's not like I'm going overboard or anything.

This morning I woke up, got ready, and went to the activity center to jog and lift weights. I'm jogging at a constant 4.2mph and jogging about a mile in about 16 minutes. I'm increasing my jogging speed by .1 every other time I go and exercise. It's getting me up there slowly but surely. I do a 5 minute cool down as well. My heart rate stays at a pretty constant 168 when jogging. Last week it was at a constant 178, so it's come down a little.

It's getting easier to bench press 135lbs. My pectoral muscle are sore, as well as my tricepts. I know it's for a good cause. I'm not doing any lower body exercises because I'm jogging and that's enough exercising right there. I estimate I burnt around 400 calories today just by exercising alone. I burnt right at about 300 calories just by jogging and then I can guesstimate that I burnt around 100 or so weight lifting.

I'm also doing something that's called "interval exercises" where by which I'll jog for 10 minutes, walk for a minute, jog for ten minutes, walk for five minutes, then repeat the process again. I usually get in a little under 2 miles before I'm done.

People are starting to notice that I'm losing weight. My friend Blake A. Deron that owns UmperBumper.com, noticed that I was losing weight a couple of days ago. A couple of my wife's friends (and mine) noticed that I was starting to lose weight. So - I'm excited about that! It makes me want to keep on going and get down to the size that I want.

Josh, my work out buddy, didn't show this morning like he said he would. Doesn't matter though, I'm just trying to help him out. I'm going to be there regardless if I have someone there to talk to and work out with.

As far as my diet goes, I think I can/ feel/know that my stomach is shrinking. I can't eat as much as I used to and when I do over eat, my body has bad reactions to it. My body is also not liking milk for some reason. Every time I drink milk I get stomach cramps. The calcium in milk is good for you, but I think I could do without the hormones and extra calories anyways.

If I want something sweet, I'll get a little bit of it and try to savor the flavor. So far I have had wonderful self control. Self control is a big key to weight loss, I guess. If I wasn't so confident and motivated and didn't have as much self control, I probably would fall back into my old ways.

Like I said, I'm doing simple lifestyle changes to get the weight off. I'm only doing what I can do and will be able to keep doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment