Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Losing interest in blogging BUT!...

Like the tile says, I was almost losing an interest in blogging, even though my diet and exercise plan is going really well. Then, Sarah comes along - out of the blue and says she saw my plead for followers and has given me some encouragement to continue on.

My diet is going well. I'm figuring out small little meal replacements throughout the week. Right now, I think I'm going to get some ingredients to make home made tomato soup. It has about 100 calories (not including the crackers) and it will fill you up with just one cup. So, if you have it handy in your fridge when your in a pinch and hungry but don't want to cook anything - it's perfect. Here's the recipe:

Country Tomato Soup:

Makes 6 (1 cup) servings

Ingredients:

2tsp olive oil
1 cup diced onion (1/4")
1 1/2 minced garlic
1 quart canned diced tomatoes in juice
1 quart low sodium vegetable broth*
3/4 cup diced peeled sweet potato (1/4")
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf

Preparation:

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute until tender, 4-6 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 35-40 minutes. Discard bay leaf.

In blender, process soup in batches until pureed. Serve hot.

Calories: 100
Carbohydrates: 20g
Protein: 2g
Total fat: 1.5g
Saturated fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 385mg


You don't have to add the sweet potato if you don't want to. I think it's there for extra flavor, but since I'm not a big fan of adding crazy things to my food, I think even I am going to leave it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment