Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

today is a new day.

I went to bed at 9:40 last night, which is actually really early for me. My wife and I slept in until about 7:10 this morning, even though I had set the alarm for 6:01. (There's a 9 minute snooze.) So, plenty of sleep, I think. I was going to wake up early enough for Heather to go on a walk with me, but we didn't. I'm still trying to think of ways that I can exercise with my wife, but I haven't found any time slots just yet.

I went to the activity center this morning and walked one mile to warm up. Then I bench pressed 100lbs 10x for 3 reps. I know it's not impressive or anything - that's not the point. I'm just starting and I'm doing what I can. I did some other exercises in there, that I observed other people doing and did it myself. Mainly chest and tricep exercises today. Tomorrow is my bicep exercises. After I got done lifting weights I got on a tredmill and went for a one mile walk at 3mph. It kept my heart rate right between 130 to 138.

I noticed something very weird about my heart rate when I walked. If I held my breath, my heart rate increased. If I breathed normally it came down to 133-134. If I took long, deep breaths and relaxed my body as I walked, I could get my heart rate down to 128-129. What gives?

I'm going to try to get the tredmill working at home. See if I can start walking and doing pushups and situps at home, I won't have to go to the activity center every time I want to exercise. Even though they have some really nice equipment.

I noticed something else - I got on the Wii scale again, and it said that I had gained .02lbs back since the last time I measured it. Could it be fat gain or muscle gain? That was in the evening, after I had eaten. I don't know if that affects it or now - but working hard and cutting calories and then seeing that I am gaining weight is very discouraging. Though, right now, I'm having to tighten my belt one more notch then usual. I haven't seen any major physical difference in my body since I have started.

Anyway, that's all for now. Class is fixing to start. Offer any advice if you can!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Seth.....I saw your plea for followers.....I had a good read and thought that perhaps you might like to follow my blog too...it is a photograph a day for a year...a good challenge for me. I too am wanting to lose a few pounds this year so will encourage you all the way!!

    Good Luck
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete