Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

9th day and going strong

I know many of you say that I will eventually lose my motivation and start to eat unhealthily again, however I don't think so. I lot of people that try to lose some extra pounds go completely off of everything that can be fatening, only to start eating it again after they have lost the weight.

What I am doing to my diet isn't just cutting out the fatty foods, but developing new tastes. It takes about 12 times for your palate to get used to tasting a certain food to like it. I'm not really eating more foods that I didn't really like, but cutting out the foods that are merely bad for me, IE fried food. I have completely quit drinking soda, except when the water is fowl and very bad tasting and there isn't any other options, even tea.

What have I noticed?

1. I can climb stairs a little easier. I'm winded, but I don't feel my heart beating as hard.

2. It has improved my overall self esteem.

3. I overall feel better. My headaches have gone away almost completely. (although I do have somewhat of a sinus infection and stuffy nose right now. yuck)

4. I feel like I can get around easier and faster.

5. I feel like I can think a little harder,... concentrate more. Or at least feel like I can do more things at once without going back and think "What was I thinking about?"

So, I'm not looking to just lose weight and get toned up, I'm also mainly concentrating on the health benefits from losing weight. If there is any advice that I could give at the moment to anyone who is trying to lose weight its this: Get off soda and caffeine. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment