Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vacation

So, my wife and I went to Vicksburg, Mississippi for our two day vacation. We went and ate out at a few places. I bought a book titles "eat this, not that." I looked it over and realized that I actually make some really poor food decisions. So, I'm going to try my best to keep to the code.

I have a confession to make - since it was my vacation, I did slip up and had a few cokes. But, I tried eating healthier things overall and made an effort to get breakfast in my stomach. I am still going to drink water and milk as something wet. I just felt that since it was a vacation, I could afford to slip up a little. But, as far as I am concerned, I am still on the bandwagon.

I have not weighed myself again yet, but I feel better. I know I feel better because I have been sleeping better. I feel better because my heart doesn't pound as hard when I do things. So, I know I'm doing pretty good right now. I'm going to keep trying to lose weight one step at a time.

Now that I am armed with that book, I know I can make healthier food choices when I go out. Also, I just realized how important calories and fat content is when making food decisions! Like, the fiesta lime chicken at Applebees is over 1200 calories! That's about HALF of what you should eat in an entire day!

No comments:

Post a Comment