Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Caffeine Addiction

The more I researched it, the more I thought about it - I was not only addicted to caffeine, but also syrupy, sugary drinks. Here's some things that caffeine does to the body:

Nervousness, headache, increased heart rate, irrecular heartbeat, anxiety, upset stomach, irritability, GI irritation, elevated blood pressure, agitation, heartburn, increased cholesterol, tremors, diarrhea, nutritional deficiencies, insomnia, fatigue, poor concentration, depression, and dizziness. http://www.celestialhealing.net/caffeine.htm

Some experts say that you can be addicted to caffeine with your first drink. Therefore, I say I was addicted from a really early age with my first Coca Cola. At the age of 8, I started drinking coffee with my parents in the morning at breakfast. They didn't think anything about it - and I drank at least one cup of coffee ... most of the time two in the morning before school. Then, at school, I would have anywhere from one to two soft drinks and then when I came home I would have another one two, and sometimes three soft drinks.

Man, I didn't think that I was that addicted. I'm not just talking about the caffeine that these drinks contained, but also the syrupy drinks that I drank. How about all of those empty calories that I never even thought about?

No comments:

Post a Comment