Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I actually like exercising!

I went to the activity center after I ate at Schultz cafeteria on campus. I walked about 2 miles around the track. I didn't get out of breath. I let my mind wonder around and think about everything I had to do for this week and also about this little novel that I'm writing. While I was walking, it was kind of a place for me to just think. Walking around the track lets my mind settle down and think. I used to think that I could only think while sitting down and concentrating. In fact, I feel like that is now a load of crap. Granted, I don't know if I could think as hard if I were jogging or running - but walking is fine.

The other thing I like about exercising is that I know I am doing my body good. I know that after I get through, I will feel better about myself, I have a higher self esteem, and a better outlook on my body - even though I know I'm still fat. I really enjoy exercising because it also gives me a sense of accomplishment... just like when I make the right food choices - I know I've done something good and feel better about myself.

To sum it all up: I think that making exercise a habit will be really easy. Easier for me to start exercising then it was to give up soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment