Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Calories, Fat, and Me.

To stay at my current weight, I consume around 2650 calories per day to remain at a constant 265lbs at my type of sedentary lifestyle. To loose about one pound per week I will have to consume about 500 calories less per day to lose about one pound per week. On top of exercising, I should lose about two pounds per week.

That means that I need to only consume around 2150 calories per day to start to lose weight. I thought to myself, what is the best way to cut these calories out of my diet? Stop drinking soda. I drink maybe three to four cans of coke a day. That's around 500 calories that I could automatically cut out of my diet. Woot!

I'm also starting to look at the fat grams in food. I realize, like any other person out there could, that the more fat grams, the fattier something is and the less fat grams the less fatty it is. Yay! So, watching my caloric and fat intake will help me to lose weight. But, not without exercise.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment