Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fried food

While I live in the South, and as my brother has said, we like to deep fry as many things as possible. Fried snickers even. I went over to my parents house today and my mom was frying up some salmon patties and french fries. I declined the meal, of course. Way too much fried food on my now tender stomach. I haven't had a gut bomb of fried food in about 8 days... and I'm sure if I did that to myself right now - I would probably throw up. Yuck.

Salmon is meant to be baked or eaten raw - not deep fried with bread crumbs! All my childhood years, I just thought that was the only way! BUT IT ISN'T! Just because someone invites you to their table for a delicious gut bomb meal - doesn't mean you have to partake.

So, I have to admit, I did eat some curly q french fries from Aarons Pharmacy today. I halfed it - put half of my share on my wife's plate. My mom ate the rest of them that I didn't eat. Usually I would probably order a burger and fries and finish off what my wife doesn't eat - but I didn't do that today. GO ME!

I think by getting rid of fried food in my diet, that I will see a positive increase in my health and overall well being. That's what I actually want - not necessarily to get skinnier - but to just feel better.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Seth,

    I read your blog today. Sounds like you're really investigating better food choices and realizing just how many calories certain foods have. I can't believe that the Fiesta Lime Chicken at Applebees has that many calories... yet again, I can, because even "health looking" restaurant food is quite fattening. Applebee's has a weight watchers menu that is very good, all meat and vegetables with little starch.

    Cutting those sodas out of your diet will make a huge difference. I didn't realize that they can be so addicting. Stick to water and skim milk... that's what I mainly drink. Have you looked at the fat content on even 2% milk?

    I think that as you find a "health lifestyle diet" your acid reflux will reduce. Coke and soft drinks really tear up your stomach lining and any soda that you drink in the future will just continue to destroy your stomach lining. Give it time to heal and I think that your acid reflux will stop.

    Keep up the good work. ~Brother

    ReplyDelete