Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Caffeine detoxification

I started to research not only the effects of too much caffeine, but also how to get it out of my system. There are many ways to remove it completely from my system. The first way is to ween myself off by gradually getting through the day with less and less of it over the course of a few weeks. I have tried to stop drinking soda pop before, unsuccessfully with this plan.

The only conceivable way that I could do this is to eliminate coffee and syrupy drinks out of my diet. (when I use the term diet, I mean the food I eat/drink, not a plan.) This might not be the best way for you, but it was for me.

It's been about three days now without a single soda pop. I have a very dull headache behind my eyes and in the back of my head - but that could be from the company and the 11 dogs we live in the house with. I rarely ever do get headaches, so I know that this is flushing it out of my system.

I have been drinking plain water and low fat milk for the last three days. I discovered the reason why I was having headaches is because caffeine decreases the amount of blood flowing through your brain. When you get off of caffeine, the blood flow increases in your brain, causing headaches.

Bloodflow through your brain is a very, very important thing. It carries much needed oxygen and nutrients/minerals/vitamins that it needs. So, in summation, blood flow = good.

So, I'm on my third day, and I have actually started to feel much better

No comments:

Post a Comment